Friday, June 09, 2006

k is for kersti

I couldn't wait to get some Kersti on my needles. Made by the wonderful folks at Koigu Wool Designs, Kersti is a 100% merino crepe that knits at 5.5 stitches to the inch. It's the big sister of the popular KPM and KPPPM, which knits at 7 stitches to the inch.

Twenty colors arrived in our first order and another 13 followed a few days later. This created a dilemma - where to start! Because Kersti is so great for kids' clothes, decided to knit a little dress. I picked the brightest multi-color I could find for the main color and a bright yellow for the edging.

Kersti is a joy to knit. It's soft and slightly squishy. I began eyeing the colors for something for myself. The knitting went quickly (aahhh - the joy of knitting for kids!) and soon I was done.

Dress knit in Koigu's Kersti

It'll be a few days before all of the colors are on the website. For now, those of you who are nearby can see them in the store. If you haven't tried Kersti, we highly recommend it.