Tuesday, August 01, 2006

cast off cast on

A while back, two very pretty skeins of Scaeffer's Anne strolled into the shop in a lovely lobster red. I knew the second I saw them that they would make beautifully bright Landscape Shawl. I think I was right!!



I really enjoyed making this shawl. The fabric knitted up wonderfully and the pattern was simple once I got into the swing of it. I liked it so much in fact that the very next day after having cast off the Anne shawl, a skein of her sister Andrea arrived at the shop in the Everywoman colorway. I figured that while I still had the picot-making groove on, I should cast on for another one!! Here's the beginning.



Speaking of beginning, there are still a few spots left in Thursday night's four week Beginning Knitting course. You will learn to knit, purl , cast on, and cast off. You will experiment with stitch patterns, knit in the round and complete two small projects.This class is perfect if you want to learn to knit or add skills to your knitting repetoire.

Stay cool out there!