Wednesday, September 13, 2006

chicks and ducks and geese better scurry

There are so many new yarns finding their way into the shop, it's hard to know what to cast on for first. When the new Blue Sky Alpacas shipment arrived, however, I had to stop everything and cast on in the new Brushed Suri. This amazing yarn is parts baby suri, merino and bamboo. It is so soft, Kathy says it feels like a kitten. I was just going to do a quick swatch, but it quickly grew into this great one skein, garter stitch scarf.



Our friend Antonia fell in love with this yarn instantly too. She knit two feather and fan scarves simultaneously! Each scarf took three skeins, and you can wrap it around your neck at least three times. So cozy!



Since one scarf wasn't enough Suri goodness for me, I knit the Portland Pullover from the latest Interweave Knits. This is the smallest size and it only takes four skeins! It works up at 2.5 stitches per inch, so it's a super quick knit. I finished it in a long weekend.



Now if it would only get a little bit chillier, I'd be all set!